Sunday, November 15, 2015

Extra Credits

I love game design, and even started a blog devoted to the subject. My big red notebook has pages of observations and thoughts intended as material for said blog. But I'm thinking of shutting it down, now than I've discovered Extra Credits.

They're good. All the things I wanted to say about games, they had already said. And more clearly than I could. Oh, sure, there are some things I could ramble about, like varying degrees of persistence in the same game.

Then again, I haven't gotten through the whole archive yet. Maybe they do cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Role-based Character Creation in Fate

  Shadow of the Century introduced the idea of roles as a way to make characters. I was ambivalent about the system when I read it, but the...